The basic organizational structure of RCSA consists of four overarching tiers that are separated into 4 categories of operation that each consist of various
There are also four "houses"
within the organization that create smaller social settings. If you're interested in the RCSA scholar demographic, check out the scholar
profile. Members receive regular
communications to learn how to get involved. Some programs that students can get involved in are
- The top tier consists of the President(s), who manages large-scale projects and oversee the organization’s function.
- The second is the Executive Committee, who reports directly to the President(s). There are four positions on this committee, each leading a different branch (Operations, Finance, External, Iternal).
- The third consists of committee Coordinators who lead committees dedicated to specific projects and events. They report their respective branch heads.
- The last tier is the committee members!
Each House is has a House Leader, who hosts several house-specific events and socials throughout the year. Students are sorted into houses in their first month at Berkeley, and remain in that house until they graduate. They can earn points for their house by attending events and winning competition-style events. At the end of each semester, the house with the most points wins a prize!
The majors most commonly undertaken by R&C Scholars are Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (or Computer Science), Molecular and Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Biology, Public Health, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Political Science, Business Administration, and Chemistry.
Transfer students make up about 4% of the scholar population, while the remaining 96% is made up of those who enter as Freshmen.
If you are a current RCSA member and are not receiving Weekly Newsletters, please check the Spam folder of your email. Otherwise, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is also a Facebook group for members that current scholars can request to join here. Please note that your name will be cross-checked with our official scholar roster before you are approved to join. Periodic announcements and event invitations will also be posted in this group.